luni, octombrie 05, 2009

Roger Watson (Pink Floyd)- Lirica exceptionala



Dulcele stil al rock-ului progresiv, iti unge sufletul plin de bataturi si iti amorteste simturile. Se recomanda a se asculta in timp ce consumati o sticla de vin.

"Pink Floyd- The thin ice

Momma loves her baby
And daddy loves you too.
And the sea may look warm to you babe
And the sky may look blue
But ooooh Baby
Ooooh baby blue
Oooooh babe.

If you should go skating
On the thin ice of modern life
Dragging behind you the silent reproach
Of a million tear-stained eyes
Don't be surprised when a crack in the ice
Appears under your feet.
You slip out of your depth and out of your mind
With your fear flowing out behind you
As you claw the thin ice.







"Pink Floyd- Goodbye blue Sky"

Did you see the frightened ones? 
Did you hear the falling bombs? 
Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the 
promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue 
sky? 

Did you see the frightened ones? 
Did you hear the falling bombs? 
The flames are all gone, but the pain lingers on. 

Goodbye, blue sky 
Goodbye, blue sky. 
Goodbye. 
Goodbye. 
Goodbye."







"Pink Floyd- Comfortably Numb

Hello?
Is there anybody in there?
Just nod if you can hear me.
Is there anyone at home?
Come on, now,
I hear you're feeling down.
Well I can ease your pain
Get you on your feet again.
Relax.
I'll need some information first.
Just the basic facts.
Can you show me where it hurts?

There is no pain you are receding
A distant ship, smoke on the horizon.
You are only coming through in waves.
Your lips move but I can't hear what you're saying.
When I was a child I had a fever
My hands felt just like two balloons.
Now I've got that feeling once again
I can't explain you would not understand
This is not how I am.
I have become comfortably numb.

O.K.
Just a little pinprick.
There'll be no more aaaaaaaaah!
But you may feel a little sick.
Can you stand up?
I do believe it's working, good.
That'll keep you going through the show
Come on it's time to go.

There is no pain you are receding
A distant ship, smoke on the horizon.
You are only coming through in waves.
Your lips move but I can't hear what you're saying.
When I was a child 
I caught a fleeting glimpse
Out of the corner of my eye.
I turned to look but it was gone
I cannot put my finger on it now
The child is grown, 
The dream is gone.
I have become comfortably numb."







"Pink Floyd- What shall we do now

What shall we use to fill the empty spaces
Where waves of hunger roar
Shall we set out across this sea of faces
In search of more and more applause

Shall we buy a new guitar
Shall we drive a more powerful car
Shall we work straight  through the night
Shall we get into fights
Leave the lights on
Drop bombs
Do tours of the East
Contract diseases
Bury bones
Break up homes
Send flowers by phone
Take to drink
Go to shrinks
Give up meat
Rarely sleep
Keep people as pets
Train dogs
Race rats
Fill the attic with cash
Bury treasure
Store up leisure
But never relax at all
With our backs to the wall"



Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu